AIRCRAFT IN THE AIR
AT THIS MOMENT
AIRCRAFT IN THE AIR AT THIS MOMENT
PRIVACY INFORMATION NOTICE
Airbus Defence and Space GmbH and its Affiliates (also known as, “Airbus”, or “we” or “us”) appreciate(s) your interest in AirSense and your use of our website.
Your privacy is important to us and we want you to feel comfortable using our Website.
Airbus is committed to protecting the rights of individuals in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (reference EU2016/679) and the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data (hereinafter referred as: “GDPR”) as well as each applicable national Personal Data protection laws and regulations. The protection of your privacy and Personal Data is an important concern to which we pay special attention throughout our processes.
However, the Website will include links to other websites or applications which are not necessarily covered by this Privacy Notice. In this event, we encourage you to carefully read the privacy policies of such websites.
Airbus does not have any control over these sites and disclaims any responsibility or liability for their content or modification thereof.
This Privacy Notice will inform you of the Personal Data we collect when you access the Website; how we use and disclose your Personal Data; how you can control the use and disclosure of your Personal Data; and how we protect your Personal Data.
Which sources and what Personal Data do we use?
Personal Data is information that can be used to identify a person either directly or indirectly (hereinafter referred as “Personal Data”). This definition covers a wide range of data enabling the identification of an individual.
- Identification data : Name and First Name
- Professional data : Email Address
- Free text: Content of free text
- IT data /Digital activity data (e.g. IP address, MAC address, logs)
- Account information (role and permissions, settings and preferences, login, password…)
We may collect this Personal Data directly from you by fulfilling a form, by entering contact details and by navigating to our Website.
What are the purposes of the processing of your Personal Data?
By using the Website, Airbus will collect and process your Personal Data for the following purposes (hereinafter referred as: the ‘Purposes’):
- Legal compliance. We use your Personal Data to comply with applicable legal obligations, including responding to an authority or court order or discovery request.
- To protect us and others. Where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of policies, terms, and other policies.
- Personalize and target marketing activities
- Conduct e-mail marketing campaigns / Publish newsletter marketing / B2B marketing campaigns
- Respond to inquiries or requests from customers
- Obtain customer and user feedback
- Gather data about potential leads from individuals
We will use your Personal Data for the above purposes only, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose (for preserving particular evidence under the applicable Data Protection Laws and Regulations, or in the context of legal statutes of limitation for example). If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you prior this further Personal Data processing and provide you the relevant privacy information notice.
What is the legal basis for processing of your Personal Data?
As a responsible company, we need a lawful basis for collecting and/or processing your Personal Data in accordance with the provisions set out in the GDPR and the relevant applicable Data Protection Laws and Regulations. The legal basis for processing your Personal Data under this Privacy Notice is:
- To comply with contractual obligations.
When you subscribe to a particular service through the website, the purposes of processing your Personal Data are primarily determined by that service and we will process your information so that we can provide that service to you.
- As a result of your consent.
When you have consented to the processing of your Personal Data by us for certain services through the Website, you can withdraw consent. For further information on the right of withdrawal, please see below the section “What are your rights?” and “How to exercise your rights and/or contact Airbus in respect of your Personal Data”?”
- Within the scope of a legitimate interest.
On occasion taking into account the minimum privacy impact for you, the processing of your personal data might be necessary for the following legitimate interest:
- For Information, system, network and cyber security within Airbus
- For Product development and enhancement (incl. the analysis and optimization of the Website/Process/Application/Newsletter
- For communication, marketing and intelligence
- On the basis of Airbus’ legal obligations
Airbus, as any other company, is subject to legal obligations and regulations. In some cases the processing of your Personal Data will be necessary for Airbus in order to fulfil these obligations.
Who will receive your Personal Data?
We may disclose your Personal Data to the following recipient(s) on a strict need to know basis and for the Purposes as outlined in this Privacy Notice:
- Airbus Defence and Space GmbH
- Authorised persons working for or on behalf of Airbus, including our agents, service providers and advisers providing the variety of products and services we need such as:
– AirSense – Organisation
Physical location of data: Microsoft Azure Platform in West-Europe
- Other authorised third parties in connection with any merger, reorganization, a sale of some or all Airbus assets, or a financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company. Additionally,
- Law enforcement or government authorities or other legal process to comply with applicable law, or in response to any subpoenas, court orders, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims.
Which countries and/or regions will Airbus transfer your Personal Data to?
Your Personal Data is currently stored on a Microsoft Azure platform in West Europe.
In case of transfer outside of the EU /EEA this transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards, within Airbus through the legal framework of our Binding Corporate Rules (“BCR”), that can be found on our website www.airbus.com or viewed here Airbus BCR’s or through alternative contractual frameworks or relevant adequacy decision.
Our binding Corporate Rules allow us to transfer Personal Data within our international organisation to the countries where we have a presence.
How long will your Personal Data be stored?
We process and store your Personal Data for at least 3 years duration from the date of our last interaction with you in accordance with the GDPR or any local data protection laws requirements or as long as it is required to meet our contractual and local legal obligations.
What about the security of your Personal Data?
We use technical and organizational security measures in order to protect the Personal Data we have under our control against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction and against access by unauthorised persons. Our security procedures are continually enhanced as new technology becomes available.
What are your rights?
Under some circumstances provided by law, you may at any time exercise your data protection rights as listed below:
- Right to access/obtain a report detailing the information held about you: You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Data is being processed by Airbus and if so, what specific personal data is being processed.
- Right to correct Personal Data: You have the right to rectify or request to have rectified any inaccurate Personal Data concerning you.
- Right to be forgotten: In some cases, for instance, when the Personal Data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected, you have the right for your Personal Data to be erased.
- Right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data: You have the right to restrict the processing of your Personal Data, for instance when the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your Personal Data. In such cases, your Personal Data will only be processed with your consent or for the exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit those Personal Data to another data controller.
- Right to object: In some cases required by law, you may ask us to stop processing your Personal Data
- Right to withdraw consent: Where your consent is required, you may at any time withdraw such consent by contacting us at the contact details in section “How to exercise your rights and/or contact Airbus in respect of your Personal Data?”. However, please note that if you withdraw your consent, you may not be able to access and use certain information, features or services of the website.
How to exercise your rights and/or contact Airbus in respect of your Personal Data?
If you want to exercise your rights or you are unhappy with the way in which your Personal Data has been processed or should you have any questions regarding the processing of your Personal Data, you may refer in the first instance to the Airbus Data Protection Officer, who is available, at the following email address:
firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to the address below:
Airbus Defence and Space GmbH, Head of Data Protection, Willy-Messerschmitt-Strasse 1, 82024 Taufkirchen, Germany.
In case of doubt of your identity, we may ask you to justify it by enclosing a copy of any identity document.
Are your Personal Data the basis for automated decision-making, including profiling?
As a matter of principle, we do not use fully automated decision-making processes, including profiling. In the event that we should use such processes, we will inform you in advance however, you can always change your cookies preferences from your web browser settings.
How to ask for assistance to the competent authorities?
You have the right to apply directly to a Data Protection Supervisory Authority.
or any other competent regional German authority as the case may be.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Only the cookie on your device is identified. Personal details can be saved in cookies, provided that you have consented.
WHICH COOKIES DO WE USE?
On this website we are using the Content Management System “WordPress”, hosted on a Microsoft Azure platform, and third party plug-ins available in the backend interface. In particular to process the form on the Contact subpage of this site we have enabled the SendGrid Plugin relying on cloud services offered by SendGrid. For more information about this Plug-In, please refer to the following link: https://sendgrid.com/docs/for-developers/sending-email/wordpress-plugin/.
In order to gain better information about the usage and collection of cookies generated by this service, please refer to their Terms and Conditions, following this link: https://sendgrid.com/policies/tos/.
HOW CAN YOU DISABLE OR DELETE COOKIES?
If you choose not to accept cookies, you can still access and use our website. Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can prevent cookies from being stored on your device by setting your browser to not accept cookies. The exact instructions for this can be found in the manual for your browser.
You can delete cookies already on your device at any time. However, if you choose not to accept cookies that are strictly necessary for the provision of our services provided by our website, it may result in a reduced availability of such services.
Please take note that we use the reCAPTCHA service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”) to protect your submission form on this site. This plugin checks if you are a person in order to prevent certain websites function from being (ab)used by spam bots. This plugin query includes the sending of the IP address and possibly other data required by Google for the Google reCAPTCHA service. For this purpose your input will be communicated to and used by Google. However, your IP address is previously truncated by Google within member states of the European Union or in other state which is party to the agreement on the European Economic Area and is, as such, anonymized. Only on exceptional cases is a full IP address transmitted to a Google server in the United States and truncated there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of this service. The IP address provided by reCAPTCHA from your browser shall not b merged with any other data from Google.
By using the reCAPTCHA service, you consent to the processing of data about you by Gogle in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Modification of the Privacy Notice
Airbus will update this Privacy Notice from time to time in order to reflect the changes in our practices and services and also to remain compliant to Data Protection Laws and Regulations. We will inform you of any substantial modification in how we process your Personal Data.
If the processing is based on consent of the data subject, please liaise with Data protection office to ensure adding the appropriate consent wording at the end of this privacy notice for paper privacy notice version or through a pop up means for electronic privacy notice.